- Master of Business Administration (Accounting Emphasis) from the University of Nebraska – Kearney
Certifications & Designations
- Certified Public Accountant
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor
- Tax preparation for businesses and individuals
- Accounting and financial statement preparation
- Auditing of for-profit businesses, not-for-profits, employee benefit plans, and governments
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants
What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
Outside of work, I enjoy playing basketball and golf, watching and tailgating for Husker football, basketball and baseball, and going to local breweries.
What is your background?
I grew up on a farm near Lindsay, Nebraska. I played all sports growing up. Prior to working at BMG, I worked at a CPA firm in Grand Island, I was an internal auditor at The Buckle, and I worked in construction over the summers in college. My favorite food growing up was tater tot casserole.
What are your favorite industries to work with and why?
I like to work with farmers as I came from a farm family and have knowledge of farm operations.
What makes you excited to come to work every day?
Being able to provide a high-quality service that businesses and individuals can benefit from.
What concept in your profession that applies to your entire life?
The understanding of finances and tax provisions clearly helps in managing personal finances. Analytical thinking helps in decision making in everyday life.