Our Firm's History
The foundation of BMG Certified Public Accountants, LLP began in 1924 when Robert VanBoskirk and Calvin B. Remington founded one of the first accounting firms in Lincoln, Nebraska. Robert and Calvin were two of the earliest licensed CPAs in the state of Nebraska where Robert had Certificate Number 31 in 1923 and Calvin had Certificate Number 35 in 1924. (Click here to see copy of their Certificate Numbers.)
Their initial emphasis was audits of counties and cities where they were known to conduct audit fieldwork in the summertime, in a tent, outside of the un-air conditioned county courthouses. They performed accounting services using an early adding machine device called “The Marchant”, which BMG still has on display today.
As the firm began to grow in the 1930’s and 1940’s, the area of service was expanded to Kansas and Iowa with the industrial emphasis on bakeries and creameries.