- Bachelors and Masters in English from University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- Worked on PhD in English at U of Florida and UNL
Certifications & Designations
- Certified Public Accountant
- Income tax preparation for individuals and businesses
- Farm and ranch taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Mary Riepma Ross Media Arts Center, Treasurer
- Nebraska Literary Heritage Assn, Finance Chair
- Lincoln City Library Foundation, board member
What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
Woodworking/furniture building, reading, hiking in the Rockies
What is your background?
Except for the 2 years at the U of Florida, I have always lived in Lincoln. I lived near 20th & Stockwell until age 10, then moved to 40th & High Street—had an acre of yard, a big old barn and an acre of woods – felt like forever.
What do you do at BMG?
This is a relationship business. Clients work with me because they trust I have their best interests in mind and we work together because we enjoy working together. I feel part of my job is to take care of the things my clients don’t want to worry about.
What are your favorite industries to work with and why?
Farm and Ranch. The complexities involved are intellectually interesting, and the people are a delight.
What are your credentials/past experience for working in your position?
As a non-accounting major, I probably bring a different perspective to things. I also owned a used bookstore for a few years, so I have run a small business and understand what that involves.