- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from North Dakota State University, 1988
Certifications & Designations
- Certified Public Accountant
- Tax preparation for businesses and individuals
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Board Member at Sheridan Lutheran Church
What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
I enjoy traveling with my family and volunteering at Barnabas Community.
What is your background?
I grew up on a farm in North Dakota, not loving North Dakota winters. I have been in accounting for more than 30 years.
What makes you excited to come to work every day?
Most days, you just never know what is going to land on your schedule. There is never a dull moment.
What are the values that drive you?
You have to be an advocate for your client. Our job as tax professionals is to help our clients comply with tax laws while paying the least tax possible but sometimes that doesn’t always make you the most popular person.
What is a common question that you get from clients and how do you answer it?
Should I put money in a 529 Plan for my children or grandchildren? The deferral of income can be beneficial but 529 plans can impact future education credits. There are lots of factors to consider.
What concept in your profession that applies to your entire life?
Act in such a way that you can sleep at night – feel good about your decisions.