Sarah Boehle Pool
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Major in Accounting, University of Nebraska – Lincoln, 2006
- Masters of Professional Accountancy, University of Nebraska – Lincoln, 2008
Certifications & Designations
- Certified Public Accountant
- Quickbooks ProAdvisor
- Peer Reviewer
- Tax preparation for businesses, individuals, and not-for-profits
- Accounting and financial statement preparation
- Auditing of for-profit businesses, not-for-profits, employee benefit plans, and governments
- Consulting, entity selection, and business set up for new and existing businesses
- CPA Firm Peer Review
- Internal control evaluations
- Problem solving
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Board Member, Lincoln Community Playhouse
- Former Treasurer, Lincoln Community Playhouse
- Former Treasurer, Lincoln Arts Council
- Former Chair, Lincoln Arts Festival, 2013-2016
What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
When I am not working, I love spending time with my family. My husband and I have three daughters and a Great Dane. We love spending time outdoors, hiking, watching baseball or softball, or just relaxing watching a great movie. I love taking in the new show at the local theatres (especially the Lincoln Community Playhouse) or traveling to art festivals in other cities.
What is your background?
I grew up in Grand Island and graduated from Grand Island Central Catholic. I have always loved working with numbers – it came easy to me. High school math – algebra, geometry, calculus – were my favorite classes. I took an accounting class during my senior year of high school and it just clicked for me. Debits equal credits – makes perfect sense! I declared accounting to be my major on day 1 of college and never looked back.
What do you do at BMG?
Everyday, I get the opportunity to work with my clients and help them tackle the challenges they encounter. Whether it’s preparing a tax return or projection, preparing financial statements for them to monitor their success, providing guidance on internal controls, or determining the best approach to tackle whatever problem they have encountered, I feel privileged that they have chosen to turn to me for help and guidance. I really do enjoy helping them to find solutions for their tough business problems.
What are three words to describe BMG?
Pro-active, energetic, result-driven
What concept in your profession that applies to your entire life?
In auditing, the concept of materiality is, simply, setting a threshold that anything under that threshold won’t materially misstate your financial statements. I try to apply this concept to my entire life – basically, don’t sweat the small stuff!