- B.S. from the University of Nebraska – Lincoln
Certifications & Designations
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
- Peer Reviewer
- Extensive experience in the traditional areas of accounting, auditing, and taxation of businesses, individuals, governments, and non-profit entities
- Extensive assistance to clients on outsourced accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, and CFO services
- Peer review team captain
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants Tax Committee
- Creator of iDonatedIt – the first mobile app created by a CPA to track, value, and report non-cash charitable donations
- East Lincoln Business Association – founding member and former board member
- Former member of the Intuit Accountant Advisory Council
- Former UNL Entrepreneurship Contest judge and Entrepreneurship Roundtable member
What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
It doesn’t look like it, but I enjoy running & I try to run 10 to 15 miles per week. I try to spend as much time as possible bow hunting for deer in the fall.
What is your background?
I’m originally from Clatonia, Nebraska. I grew in a construction and farming family. I worked for my Dad’s construction business throughout high school and college and also spent time working on the family farm.
What do you like about working at BMG?
I’ve been an accountant with BMG nearly all of my professional life and I’ve done about every job imaginable in the firm from preparing payroll, answering phones, audits, tax returns, human resources, and even restroom maintenance. I’ve enjoyed it all. I was given a great opportunity when I started with BMG in 1995. I want others to have a similar opportunity and to enjoy being here as much as I do.
What makes you excited to come to work every day?
I genuinely want our firm’s clients to be successful & I look forward helping our clients solve challenging business problems & doing whatever I can do to help make our clients successful.
What concept in your profession that applies to your entire life?
You get out of something what you put into it. Hard work pays off.