- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from Concordia University Nebraska
Certifications & Designations
- Certified Public Accountant
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- Tax preparation for businesses and individuals
- Problem solving
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Lincoln Chamber of Commerce
- Association of Business Leaders and Entrepreneurs
- Concordia Foundation Nebraska Board of Directors and Audit and Insurance Committee member
- Concordia University Nebraska Board of Regents (September 2020)
- Trustee, Lutheran Education Foundation
- Finance Committee, Lincoln Lutheran School Association
What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
Connecting with my twin boys who are now in college – Jacob at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD and watching Colton run track for Concordia University Nebraska.
What is your background?
I grew up on a farm in southern Nebraska and am the youngest of five children. I attended a one-room school in junior high at St. Peter’s Lutheran and had 10 in my graduating class at Davenport High School.
What do you do at BMG?
I love helping clients work through their tough business problems and simplifying complex accounting and tax issues. Being a trusted advisor for my clients is an honor and a privilege that makes me grateful to be a part of the BMG team.
What are your credentials/past experience for working in your position?
As a past Controller of a manufacturing company and CFO of an international human resources consulting firm, I’ve been on the client side of accounting firms—which has helped me to better anticipate the needs of my clients now.
What concept in your profession that applies to your entire life?
The Golden Rule of treating others as you would like to be treated.